Monday, August 20, 2012
First Grade
Summer went way too fast. I told Sam this morning that I wish it was June 1st again. Unfortunately it's not, so I got Grace ready this morning, made her favorite breakfast, packed her lunch, and took her to her first day of first grade. She seemed really excited to be going back, and was really happy that she got the teacher she has wanted since last May. I, on the other hand, must have been a little more nervous and flustered. I had wrapped a package of individually-wrapped string cheeses in foil last night for Grace to take into her class for community snack today, then meant to put it into her backpack this morning. Her teacher walked her to our car this afternoon with a foil package and told me that I might have made a mistake because I put a foil-wrapped package of OPENED BACON in her backpack! I had a good laugh at myself and now I'm sure her teacher thinks I'm nuts. Grace said, "Mom, that was so weird of you to pack bacon for a snack!"
Grace was all smiles this afternoon and didn't stop talking about her great day of school. I'm so glad she enjoys being at school, but I sure like our time with her at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look at you my big girl!! Have a fun year in first grade!
ReplyDeleteLovie
XO