Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer half gone

After a week of bickering and adjusting to having everyone at home all day, the girls have settled into a wonderful summer.  Most days we get out to the pool, zoo, science museum, or play with friends, but our early mornings are filled with busy play around the house.  There are many costume changes for playing house, queen, school...anything to turn the playroom into a disaster area.  I've served snacks or lunch in their castle forts in the playroom, under the dining room table while on a plane, in their make-shift hospital, and countless picnics outside.  The only thing taking the smile off my face is watching the store displays with sunscreen, pool toys, and beach towels becoming rapidly replaced with back-to-school supplies.      












1 comment:

  1. Fun to see your girls having the same sort of summer fun that you and your sisters had... Good memories and love that they're making some of their own now. Summers go so fast with them... Enjoy it all... I know I did!
    XO to each from Lovie!

    ReplyDelete